Retail Leasing Representative< Back to Careers
HUDSON is a boutique commercial real estate services company focusing on retail. We specialize in retail leasing, development and investment. We are seeking qualified Broker and salesperson candidates to work with a vibrant, top producing team, desiring to be part of building something special. Responsibilities include all aspects of commercial brokerage/leasing, financial analysis, and tenant and broker relations. Our brokers enjoy competitive splits and unlimited upside potential.
HUDSON will continue growth allowing significant opportunities for advancement and leadership in the Real Estate industry and firm.
You must be a driven, entrepreneurial individual who wants to achieve high levels of income in the Real Estate industry. Our focus is on the retail sector so candidates must be eager and willing to learn, and to actively seek out and take advantage of our training resources. As a high producing Agent, it’s also vital that you are comfortable prospecting for leads and that you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to easily establish rapport with major property owners and national and regional retailers. Finally, you need to be highly organized and detail-oriented with solid time-management skills.
Candidate must have minimum of five years prior experience and a college degree with an ability to master multiple markets, identify and canvass prospective tenants, network with tenants and brokers, negotiate skillfully and work deals from inception to Tenant opening and beyond. Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must, along with solid computer literacy. The candidate must be detail oriented, well organized, excellent with follow up and able to work with minimal supervision while remaining a team player. At least 25%-35% travel time is required
Please submit resume to: email@example.com
- Canvass local market for prospective clients and to ensure our internal database is current;
- Build networking and referral system to maintain constant pipeline of leasing business;
- Establish long lasting client relationships;
- Know and track all variables of your sub market including: property owners, tenants, past/current/average prices, annual property leases, factors affecting value and how transactions are being structured, etc.
- Implement custom, detailed marketing programs for our Landlord and Tenant clients;
- Develop market tours to support retailer’s requirements;
- Work with Landlord/Project Leasing Team on existing projects, new developments, and redevelopments;
- Qualify and directly contact prospective tenants and negotiate new LOI’s/renewals;
- Analyze trade areas to strategically fill voids and strengthen client’s project merchandising mix;
- Prepare and present detailed leasing activity reports to landlords;
- Apply existing industry relationships to promote new business development;
- Work with current and prospective landlords/tenants to secure new leasing assignments;
- Become active member in community and real estate organizations;
- Attend industry networking events, panels and conventions.
Knowledge & Experience
- Disciplined, Driven, Assertive, self-starters. Leasing, Rental, or Residential track record a plus.
- Bachelors &/or Advanced Degree
- Demonstrated ability in Sales/Marketing/Leasing or Entrepreneurial roles
- Ability to sell, generate business, obtain exclusive business
- Excellent Oral & Written Communications skills incl. Negotiating capability
- Strong Strategic abilities
- Superior Organizational Skills / Detail Oriented
- Excellent Analytical & Reasoning ability
- Strong computer skills
- Team oriented activities, personal achievements &/or leadership roles in background.
- Self-starter; ability to manage your own schedule and priorities
- Will need to acquire NYS or NJ Real Estate Salespersons License